Monday, May 4, 2015

The Green Guys 5.4.15

I co-host an hour long North Texas sports talk show on KNTU-FM on Monday nights. A lot of the show's focus has been on the Mean Green softball team because it is really the biggest team playing at UNT right now.

The Green Guys featuring (L-R) me, Jeremy Miller, Taylor Phillips & Scott Sidway.


As I mentioned in my previous post, this past weekend was huge for the softball team because it propelled them to the seventh seed in the Conference USA Tournament.

We discussed that on The Green Guys, and how -- even though they avoided the best team in the conference, Western Kentucky --  they'll still be challenged against their first round opponent Florida Atlantic.

We were also joined by Tim McNarama (@Tim_McNamara), the C-USA main softball media contact and self-proclaimed world's leading expert in Conference USA softball. Tim was the softball information director at North Texas last season and an overall cool dude.

Tim mentioned how FAU has multiple strong pitchers, and they don't rely on just one ace pitcher. Monday morning coach Tracey Kee told me that the two offenses are pretty similar and both teams could use more of a small-ball strategy.

Of course, I'm not sure how much the Mean Green will need to dive into that if the team slams the seams off the softball like it did in the home series against UTEP.

We had some technical problems getting Tim onto the air (meaning, I thought I knew what I was doing, but I really didn't), and so we didn't get to talk to as much as we wanted. But, here is the full interview with Tim from The Green Guys. (Note: I can't figure out why our voices are scratchy when talking to Tim, but I made a quick fix about halfway through the interview)


You can listen to the latest episode of The Green Guys on our website. The podcast is usually uploaded Wednesday afternoon.

The final Green Guys show of the semester is on Mon., May 11 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. If you're in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area you can hear it on 88.1 FM, or you can listen streaming worldwide on KNTU.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment