Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Mean Green Women's Basketball Player Dies



I had considered posting about Monday's Green Guys show again, but I received a text message from one of my friends giving me a link to a blog post about the passing of North Texas forward Eboniey Jeter. She was 21 years old.

I don't know any more information about this besides what Brett Vito from the Denton Record-Chronicle has gathered in that post above.

Fellow North Texas athletes expressed their emotions:
And from the NCAA:
What I can elaborate on is my experience with Jeter, which can be described as limited, yet positive. I remember she was the last interview of the season after the final loss to UTSA.

The Mean Green led late in that game, but couldn't get anything past the Roadrunner pressure defense and lost 57-54 to end the season without a trip to the Conference USA tournament.

Jeter herself had one of the better games of her career making all four shots for eight points and seven rebounds. She was also a team-high plus-six while she was on the floor.

Standing at the end of a long, white hallway at the Kitty Magee Arena on the campus of Texas Women's University Jeter was crying at the conclusion of a very difficult season.

With a tear-marked face, she strongly and proudly said, "There's no where to go but up from where we are now."

As far as I'm concerned, she's completed that journey upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment